COVID Policy Update
Dear WPD Families,
I am writing this letter to inform you Weddell Pediatric Dentistry’s new office policies.
Firstly, Weddell Pediatric Dentistry remains committed to our mission to provide high quality, safe and enjoyable dental care to Indianapolis children. In the midst of this pandemic, Weddell Pediatric Dentistry has developed new policies to keep the staff, families and patients as safe as possible.
These policies include:
- Parents must wait in their car or waiting room. No adults are allowed back in the treatment areas. When you arrive at your appointment please call our office at 317-924-5359. Only one family can be brought back at a time to allow social distancing. The chart will be given for the Dr. to review then we will call you to bring your child to the front door at Suite 100. Treatment consent and any updates are obtained at this time. The child is brought immediately back for treatment. Please be available via phone for any communication from our office. Dr. Nicole, Dr. Kelli & Dr. Jordan always available via phone before or after patient care.
- Please bring a mask for yourself and patient. This is an Indiana mandate.
- Patients must be up to date with their vaccinations.
- We make every effort to limit unnecessary aerosol procedures. Aerosol procedures include cavity fillings, polish cleanings and extractions. The pediatric dentist will assess the necessity for the procedure versus the risk of not doing the procedure. All aerosol procedures are done in private closed room.
- If an appointment is failed you will not be reappointed. You will be dismissed from the practice.
Weddell Pediatric Dentistry is practicing social distancing and enhanced sanitation due to the Coronavirus. We are restricting the use of our waiting rooms and private offices unless you do not have transportation to wait in. In addition to new PPE, WPD has more frequent surface and floor cleanings, daily employee COVID screenings, social distancing with slower schedule, and new hospital grade HEPA/UVC Surgically Clean Air filters in every patient room.
Please visit our Facebook and website for up to date information.
We hope once there is patient testing and vaccine WPD can return to less restrictive policies involving more parent involvement in care. We really miss seeing your faces! Stay healthy and thank you for all your support.
Thank you for your understanding,
Nicole Weddell DDS MSD
President, Weddell Pediatric Dentistry